View Single Post
Old 05-17-20, 12:19 AM   #4
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19

First part is relatively simple, stock campaign files are in the Campaigns and UPCCampaignData folders, any new units would be in the Roster and Sea folders. Alterations to the player sub are scattered all over the place depending on what gets modded, but remove the campaigns and UPCdata folders from the mod (cut and paste temporarily to desktop), run JGSME and see if it works.

Last one,

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=211491

\Library\cameras.dat has the actual first person perspective camera positions, \Interior\NSS_SubType (name of actual sub type, find the closest match - for example there's no folder for Sargo because it uses the data from Salmon) then the CR.dat is control room, CT.dat is control tower (and bridge stations? my notes are disorganized, last played with this a long time ago.).

Anyway opening (example) \Interior\NSS_Porpoise\NSS_Porpoise_CR.dat I find 14:Interior Root - Druck_LM1

Then scroll down and down and down, find ;

HF = after planesman
NA = navigator far aft
PL = helmsman
PM = guy between navigator and after planesman
RT1,RT2 - nobody I can find.
RT3 - forward planesman
SA1 - starboard side electrical panel
SA2 - port side christmas tree
SO - That's the beggar at the chart table blocking the view, -1 to the Y value moves this putz down into the pump room where he can study geography without any distractions.

That's from my notes, trying to get rid of the guy standing at the chart table so I could see around the control room without having to use a free roam camera - never had any luck with free roam, always got the out of sectors errors and crashes, so I just tinkered with the XYZ numbers in the \Library\cameras.dat file until I got my first person view where I wanted it. The way I figured out what all these characters were was changing a number in SA1, save, go into the sim and set battle stations (not all crew are visible unless they're at battle stations), then look around and see the guy at the christmas tree is moved or missing or has his head sticking up from the floor or something.

For your purposes, you're probably looking for someone like NA or PM, change one of the numbers and see if your radioman moves.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote