View Single Post
Old 05-14-20, 07:00 AM   #998
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post

Think of the game as a giant database with your submarine in the center of the game world. Everything within a given distance is rendered in that 3D world such that you can "see" them. Everything else is being tracked in the database as it "moves". All of that pertinent information is stored in the Save file. What happened "behind" you is also stored similarly. Like other databases, GIGO rules!

Thank you propbearnie, that's good news. I have this question about my last mission:

I was sent to Marshall Islands to investigate the surroundings, while asked to keep submerged by day and using only 1 engine at night; well, I bypassed this because otherwise I would get nowhere in a reasonable time
Also there were 2 green circles for my operation area, 1 of them had the mission marker, but when leaving the first circle to join the 2nd, this will considerably increase my patrol time until my orders are updated, I have spent more than 30 days until I received new instructions from HQ. I usually leave the green circle trying to intercept targets where I think to find them on logical travel nodes etc.

But instead should I stay within the green circle to complete my mission sooner?

Thanks!
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote