View Single Post
Old 05-13-20, 06:10 PM   #993
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 437
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
A technical question about traffic and being able to spot enemies:
I have read the 'game stability' and 'known issues' PDFs, and I'm quite familiar with the right 'save game' procedure and what to avoid etc.
However, I suspect that if I save the game, then all my invisible targets that I could find will also disappear until new targets will spawn, is this correct?
What I mean is in particular:
Let's say you have spent 2 hours without finding a target, and suddenly you get a radio report of a convoy 400 nm away, and you are able to intercept it. Now If I save the game and quit, would this convoy still be in the game after reloading the save, or has it disappeared and I will not find it if trying to intercept it?
Same question for 'invisible' targets that are nearby but which I don't see visually, or by sonar or radar yet; will they disappear if I save and quit the game?
Problem is that I can hardly spend more than 3 hours in a row playing without saving and interrupt the game, so what would be the solution to keep the tactical game situation when saving?

Compared to TMO+OTF or RFB, how much more traffic is in the FOTRSU 3d-world? I know there are so many more ship units and much better visual grafics, but is the campaign traffic also increased?

Thanks!
XS
that is an excellent question that i have pondered myself...and it transcends any mod as it would be applied at the SH4 level and not the mod.

i believe based on experience that if you receive a message regarding a TF or convoy or ship, then it has spawned and saving will not affect its presence when you reload.
i believe based on experience that if you see an icon, as we do from time to time, then the unit has spawned and saving will not affect it.
so, KM's Theorem #3 is that if you haven't been told about it or you haven't see evidence of it, then it hasn't spawned yet.
does this help?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote