View Single Post
Old 05-09-20, 06:27 PM   #970
Mios 4Me
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I'm looking into something else right now Mios 4Me, but what boat are you in, what is the date, and where are you located geographically in the game? The weather, especially if you are on the surface, looms large in the fact that you cannot "hear" the sonar on the surface, you cannot see for the weather, and your radar is all over the place. You are basically flying blind. Good time to be down 80+ and waiting for a break in the weather. Down there, you can at least hear.
USS Quillback, Tench class, 4/28/45, 41 15' N, 140 05' E

Weather is appalling up here for days at a time, meaning no air cover and an ideal environment for one-sided gunnery, making it my all-time favorite hunting ground. I have never had an issue at this location, except with this cooler. There was an undetected small freighter mentioned earlier that I acquired visually at the other end of the strait on this patrol though.

EDITED to ADD: even when I switch the SJ to Focus on the scope screen, the setting doesn't stick. When I switched to sonar, then back to PPI, the setting was back to Focus. Doesn't matter if I use the switch or the button.

Last edited by Mios 4Me; 05-09-20 at 07:15 PM.
Mios 4Me is offline   Reply With Quote