View Single Post
Old 05-08-20, 04:09 PM   #19
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: Silent Hunter IV Copies won't launch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
@ Mad Mardigan: the only things I do differently is that I have a JSGME.exe copy and a MultiSH4.exe copy in each of my copied SH4's folders. With LAA, you have to drill to the proper folder anyway, so it is "independent" and can be anywhere, but I do have it in the "root" Game folder. I also "test" my copy prior to modding, since I was going through all of those steps previously, only to find that I ended up going to a black screen as soon as the 3D world tried to come in. My guess with that is that Win10Home got rid of the Steam DirectX v9.0c install, or the game's dll, and no amount of finagling with Steam would bring it back in for the games. I should have looked for the d3d files in my installs, I suppose. That would have helped. So that's just an assumption.
propbeanie,

I do stop & run a check of the SH4 copy that I am going to play, as it were... Dr. Frankenstein on... but seeing as how my post was already starting to approach novella length.. I left it out of there, figuring that other would be smart enough to figure that out on their own...

At least I... never mind, any way...

I do keep jsgme & multiSH4 in a zip & already unzipped form, as back up in the 2ndary drive... for just such emergencies... if any thing happens to the unzipped copy, I can always replace it with running an unzip from where I keep that back up at there and replace the problem copy.. after deleting the problem one, that is... trust me... there is a methodology to my madness... and should all else fails, can always go out with a

As for L-A-A, that's just where I set it up to call home... to each their own, as long as they know it works, yanno...

As for Win & their flying butt monkeys... I do have to agree with you, they are most definitely getting more brain dead & power hungry the more time goes by...

I too, have a update, just hanging there like.. a buzzard, waiting for a carcass to show up... Edited in update: That Win update that was hanging around like a vulture.. has finally descended & swooped in for the kill, as it were. As near as I can tell... no issues with dinking about with the games I have on hand to do so with... thankfully.

Any way... going back to lurker mode... for now, any way...

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 05-25-20 at 12:31 PM. Reason: correction of an error noted, after initially posting... D'oh.!
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote