Old 05-05-20, 07:21 PM   #927
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: "BB Yamato Class - damaged" report

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Ahh yesh... I know exactly where you were sitting, and it is indeed in deep water. Ten torpedoes is not out of the ordinary for that ship, and I have hit it with 15 and it still be afloat. That somewhat depends upon where you hit it. The one time I encountered it while in the game and it was underway, I managed to put five of six bow torps in her, but never got the chance to get turned for the after room... and she ran away from me at 24 knots, leaving 3 of 4 DD behind to bust my nose and dent my rib cage... stomp on my feet, wrench my arms... etc. etc. etc.... Barely made it home, where everyone in the officer's lounge was saying "how big did you say this fish was?"... - In my imagination anyway... lol - I do wish the game could give you a "BB Yamato Class - damaged" report.
Has anything been attempted, to see if such a report could be generated...

Have to know that I am not the only 1 to have been frustrated by sinking my 'fangs aka torps' into a nice juicy target, only to be sneered at by them & watch it sail off, (sometimes, at seemingly warp speeds... laughing at us like Nelson, from the Simpson's... with no hope of catching up with them, not unless the damage model was such that over time damages would slow them down...) never to know if it sank later on, made it to a port to be fixed back up to sail again... or if it disappeared into a black hole, never to be seen again.. or beamed up by a UFO... *chuckles at the image of a ship being beamed up*

Just curious, since you broached this subject propbeanie...