View Single Post
Old 05-05-20, 05:17 AM   #3357
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The German study from Heinmsberg that you quote above, Jim, is under fire. Its a so-called hotspot-study, and they fight bitterl yover how far this result from a small town could be generlaised to the whole population and country. Also, the author takes Flak fopr the way he released thre study. There is the suspicion that it is a comlaisant paper deli8vering material to justify early easing of lockdowns (by arguing with herd immunity).

For the time being i recommend: handle with care.

In Austria a recent study that maybe could be compared i n nsize foudn exactly the opposite: they had to reduce their expectations on dark numbers for ifneciton by a factor of 5 when they actually went out and counted people out in some districts, one by one, and tested them.

Test reliability in the past also was a severe issue, severe enough that many virologists said that antibody tests had ne useful meaning at all. I do not kn ow what antibody tests they used in Heinsberg or Austria, and whether it were newer tests with improved reliability. But older tests had reliability of 30%. Thats a waste of money and time. Thats also one of the reasons why the WHO advices against issuing immunity certificates.