View Single Post
Old 04-25-20, 01:20 PM   #13061
boogieman335
Mate

Downloads: 208
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Awesome Boogieman! Looks really nice in my TWoS. I got to make work Reshade with KSD start button so I'm very happy and quarantined.

Many thanks for the great work.

And a request: Is there a way to put full beards to the crew? That little beard of the watchman seems too cared for an Uboat after 30 days on patrol...

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
Sorry but I don't know how to do that. That NPC already had a problem with the head being to big, as the guy who made the original mighty fine crew mod stated in his thread when he developed it. Also he had a weird glitch where he changes uniform 2 times when going to and from the bridge. I managed to fix that. The other NPC enlisted change uniform when they get to their station. I changed the navigator because the coat he wore before always had clipping issues and has a normal map that doesn't line up with textures very well. The uniforms are not completely history accurate in this game. TWoS comes with ones that are more like the tropical uniforms worn in the Med or south Atlantic. According to the replicators web site the blue grey uniforms were the most common worn by crews in the Atlantic. The first officers jacket could be blue grey with the shoulder boards I used on him or it could be the kakhi or od green colored denim one with different shoulder boards. Same for the topedo men fore and aft, and the now the navigator. The dark sweaters aren't really the dark blue pullovers but they are close enough that I put the torpedo, and underwater spec on their sleeves and gave them a seaman rank. I just think it looks better. If you prefer the green one on the first officer the texture is in my first mod, its the same resolution. The uniforms in this mod are all double resolution of the originals and compressed with dxt5 compression to preserve frame rates. This game has original textures that are some in dxt5 some dxt 1, some rgb8. A lot of different compressions and resolutions. I think this is why the frame rates always drop in Kiel because so many different compressions, but short of going through and converting every texture in the game there is no way to change it.
boogieman335 is offline   Reply With Quote