vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
That may be a form of dyslexia.
Now here's what blows people away!
I can read upside down text, backwards written text, mirrored text, or reversed text, just as if it was a standard written text.
Test your self once. Are you normal? Or special?

I'm dyslexic myself and have the same reading ability you describe; I discovered the ability early on in Catholic school when I was called into the Principal?Mother Superior's office for some transgression or other; just after I sat down in the seat in front of the desk, she got a phone call, and while she was talking, I noticed a paper on her desk I presumed to be about me and I wanted to know what it said; to my surprise, I found it very easy to read; I kept the ability a secret since I felt it offered me some small advantage, and I did use it many times in my working life; I also found I could easily write block print letters and numbers (never was able to do the same with script) upside down and backwards with ease...

The news today in Los Angeles is the toal number of Covid-19 deaths now exceed the total of deaths attributed to flu, heart diseases, and lung diseases combined...

...but, hey, its just a flu...

On a more encouraging note, the Jet Porpulsion Lab at CalTech in Pasadena, just adjacent to LA, has been working on a new ventilator design for use specifically for Covid-19 cases, but also usable in other cases:

NASA Develops COVID-19 Prototype Ventilator in 37 Days --

https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?feature=7646

According to TV news reports here in LA, JPL built the device with only 80 parts, a fraction of the number of current devices, used parts mainly able to be found in existing supply chains, and at a cost one-tenth that of existing devices...

The video below is part of the raw footage from which the YT video in the article was derived and shows a bit more of the design process:

You put talented, knowledgeable, qualified, creative people to work on a specific problem and you more often than not get solid results...

<O>

Last edited by vienna; 04-24-20 at 05:00 AM.
vienna is offline   Reply With Quote