View Single Post
Old 04-16-20, 06:37 PM   #403
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I think Windows is really getting weird about the older games. I get "smearing" on my Win10 laptop, no matter the mod I install, if I have the display "upped" to max settings. I do not have this issue on my older Win7 desktop and old nVidia drivers that Windows keeps wanting to update... This is a 560Ti, so rather old, but runs the game fantastically. Part of the trouble is that the game was written for a 30fps display, and some of the "clocks" in the game run off of that assumption...

Thanks for your response, Propbeanie, appreciated.

I now have examined further with MSIAfterburner what I can do against tearing, and I noticed that only the SH4 menus get crazy with a FpS of 2500+ !! Once in the game the FpS remains between 200-300. I have therefore set a FpS cap to 300 and I'm playing fine now, without tearing and not too much load on my GPU/CPU temperature. Of course this is a special setup for my own gaming laptop (Asus RoG Strix) so it may not work for everyone, however I would advice to everyone setting a FpS cap.

I really like Ralles mod compilation, I highly enjoy walking in the sub, and clicking on maps, hatches, periscopes etc. to go from one station to another instead of just hitting the Function keys, it makes the game more immersive compared to a setup like 1.5 + GFO. I wish the GFO also had the same modded sub interior functionality.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote