View Single Post
Old 04-15-20, 04:18 PM   #7307
Hebe Vollmaus
Officer

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnet View Post
Hi guys I'm a new noob with this whole modding experience. I downloaded the Grey Hunter torrent from the modders website, freshly installed Silent Hunter 3 on Steam, but it's telling me it can detect previous mods. I've never modded SH3 before, and it's a fresh install, so am I doing something wrong?

Windows 10 user very grateful for advice <3
If you try to install GWX v3.0 then you have not chosen the right directory for the install. This is not chosen automatically.

For the record:
If the directory is wrong, or even empty(!), then the GWX-installer tells you not the truth in the english language install: "- Modded files were found."

The same in the german language install the Message is not fully correct, but more then in english version: "- GWX3.0 Dateien konnten nicht gefunden werden". Which means in english: GWX-files could not be found.
In contrary to the EN this is complete revered in meaning.

So try to find where Steam has installed your SH3, and chose this for the GWX-install.

Next part will be the "Large Adress Aware" or known as 4GB-patch.

If you have then problems running GWX i recommend reading some more about how to install and run SH3 on Steam. What to do in Win10. (Run as Administrator, in Win7 Compatibility mode).

Please read, as this pops up here regulary:
"propbeanie steam gwx site:subsim.com" <== put this phrase into Google

HTH
Greetings.
Hebe Vollmaus is offline   Reply With Quote