View Single Post
Old 04-12-20, 09:55 AM   #2712
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Good reporting vienna about California see your brain is okay, except for Trump of course

I have my moments...

However, should I develop any empathy for Trump, or God forbid, an urge to vote for him, well, I would view that as a sign the neurons have failed fatally; I believe that would be an ultimate case of "Trump Derangement"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post

Gov Phil Murphy really had something interesting to say about why we should stay inside and wear mask when we go out for essentials.

As I mentioned before, the City of LA is now requiring all essential businesses to adopt a policy of having all their employees wear face masks and likewise allowing those businesses to reuse to admit or serve any customers not wearing masks; the problem seen here in LA is there are virtually none of the usual outlets for masks, pharmacies, hardware stores, etc., with stocks of the masks since almost all available stocks have been routed to the hospitals, first responders, and other entities in dire need of the protection; when I went o pick up a prescription a couple of days ago, I asked the pharmacists if they had any masks available and she said they hadn't had any for sale in well over a week and noted that some places, like Home Depot hardware stores were automatically delivering their stocks to hospitals just as soon as new shipments arrived. I had to go the a Walmart Superstore last Thursday wearing a homemade mask, but when I was walking through the parking lot from the bus stop, there was a young guy selling new masks from a bag he was carrying, so I bought two of the masks, one to wear and one as a spare, just in case...

One additional sight being seen ore often here in SoCal is the installation of plexiglass shields at checkout counters to separate the customers from the clerks; its kind of like a scaled down version of the glass teller windows you'd see at the bank or a standalone version of a theater ticket window; the effect can be sometimes humorous: communications between the customers and the clerks is difficult when both are trying to talk to each other muffled by cloth masks and filtered through the plexiglass shield; mime may have found a way to make a big comeback...

<O>

Last edited by vienna; 04-12-20 at 10:03 AM.
vienna is offline   Reply With Quote