View Single Post
Old 04-09-20, 09:41 AM   #2599
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Whether or not you or anyone else might have to have a procedure postponed is a judgement call to be made by your attending physician; I don't think any reputable MD is going to risk a malpractice situation by postponing a procedure out of hand without consideration.
The situation is a little different here in Canada because of our free health care. Well it's not free (tax payer funded) and it is very selective. Last year I waited seven months for a hernia operation. During that time my operation was bumped twice. Right now it is not the doctors who are postponing the procedures, it is the Government run hospitals who won't let them use the facilities they normally operate in.

Quote:
I have found being insistent about one's own health can often be not only desirable, but also necessary...
Here you can insist all you want and most people do but it doesn't matter. Something to think about when pushing for a state run medicare for all health care system. It's called selective for a reason.

Quote:
I'm supposed to have my first visit with the Neurologist on 21 Apr regarding whether my brain damage is a sign of Alzheimer's (most likely) or MS (less likely); I haven't heard from the neurologist's office about rescheduling, so I guess its still on, although I suspect I will hear sometime soon...
I'm wishing you all the best in your situation. Good luck man and take care of yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
With the pandemic, as I've said before, we're already up to our ### in alligators. At its core, its a situation that is out of our control. Warnings were ignored and now we're paying for it. All of us who had a pre-existing condition have been moved to the back of the stove for a while.
It is even more unique here in Canada's smallest province, population 160,000. We have only two hospitals that do all the surgeries, cancer treatments and testing MRIs, CAT scans etc. Both of these hospitals have set up special isolated wings to treat any Covid-19 cases. Funny thing is there have been no cases that have required admission to these special wings. Yet no other procedures except life threatening cases (car accidents, heart attacks, cancer treatments etc.) are being done.

And that is my point. If my problem with my bowel was happening now the problem may have gone undetected until it was too late.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote