View Single Post
Old 03-28-20, 11:08 AM   #9045
kraznyi_oktjabr
Sea Lord

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Breaking news: In life, situations change! After the break: Water is wet!
I would like to add, that it wasn't immediate and unexpected turnaround as presented by Rockstar. Finnish government has adjusted its response overtime based on collected information and expert advice rather than mood of the president/prime minister as seems to be in some countries. Could it have been better? I'm sure professional review with benefit of hindsight will find something.

I would also like to point out that actions of governments should be evaluated based on progress of pandemic rather than calendar. At the moment Finland is many weeks behind Italy and few weeks behind other Nordic countries and that is great thing to us: We can observe and evaluate other's actions and avoid repeating mistakes. It also mean that government actions which happen at same calendar time with other countries (i.e. border closures in nothern Europe) actually happen earlier in pandemic timeline. Ofcourse this advantage does not guarantee that Finnish government's actions will be better than those in other European counties or elsewhere.