View Single Post
Old 03-23-20, 10:41 AM   #1707
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Trump couldn't even find his ass if he used both hands. I am quite amused watching Dr. Fauci cut down Trump on a now regular basis during the Covid-19 briefings/press conferences; Dr. Fauci was interviewed recently and was asked about his reactions to and refutations of Trump's lies and bombast, doing so right in front of Trump's face; the Dr. said he wasn't trying to openly contradict Trump, he was just trying to make sure the plain facts regarding the crisis were made apparent to the US public; he also made a comment about how he was not trying to take the microphone out Trump's hands...
Let's let the good doctor speak for himself. Here he is on CBS’s Face the Nation yesterday.

Quote:
“There’s an issue here of where we’re coming from. The president has heard, as we all have heard, are what I call ‘anecdotal reports’ that certain drugs work. So, what he was trying to do and express, was the hope that it might work, let’s try and push their usage, I, on the other hand, am not disagreeing with the fact that, anecdotally, they might work. But my job is to prove definitively, from a scientific standpoint, that they do work. So I was taking a purely medical, scientific standpoint and the president was trying to bring hope to the people.
Quote:
“I think there’s this issue of trying to separate the two of us. There isn’t fundamentally a difference there. He’s coming from a hope, layperson’s standpoint. I’m coming from it from a scientific standpoint.”
https://twitter.com/i/status/1241780902906265601

Quote:
Oh, please, please, Dr. Fauci, please do take that mic so that we don't have to listen to the dribble and BS Trump spews; maybe once you find a way to rid the country of Covid-19, you and your fellow scientists can turn your attention to the malignant viral infection infesting the Oval Office...
Yea .. you know it is kinda funny. The Trump Derangement crowd has a problem. Like most people they want this crisis to pass. And they want it to pass with the least loss of life and the least economic and social disruption. But damn there is no way that they could live with the possibility that President Trump will get even a little credit for seeing America through this. I simply watch in amazement at this conundrum.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote