View Single Post
Old 03-17-20, 08:18 PM   #15
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpo628 View Post
Did that and it still won’t allow me too open it. I greatly appreciate your help so far though. Maybe we can FaceTime and you can talk me through this mess and I can show you what going on...����

Hi dpo628,

I don't want to muddy the water regarding the assistance you are receiving currently, but keep the following in your back pocket while you are going through the process of getting up and running....

First, don't get discouraged. I've seen many give up in frustration and leave. It may take some time and a bit of learning to get it working, but it isn't crazy hard.... just unpleasant to go through the process sometimes. I'm no expert on how to play SH4, but I have it up and running with windows 10 on my system.

Be ready to uninstall everything using the disk itself.... and restart your PC to ensure it is clear of all SH4 files.

The default destination path for SH4 can be problematic.... so you may need to make your own destination folder, and then aim the installation to the folder you create. (That is what I had to do. Just be ready to do this.)

Once it is installed and patched to the latest SH4 version, get the 4gb patch, aim it at the SH4.exe file inside your installation folder, and run it before you attempt to play SH4.

Also before you attempt to play, navigate to the same SH4.exe file, and right-click 'Run as administrator' (Also that was what I did, and it did not require having to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode etc.

Also, if you have an NVIDIA graphics card, and the game looks jaggy (jaggy but it will play.) don't worry. That is a separate problem. Again, don't get discouraged.... you can get help here for that as well. (But worry about that later. First get up and running and go from there.) Trust me. You don't have to be a programmer to get your sub in the water here.

Sink'em ALL!

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock

Last edited by Kpt. Lehmann; 03-17-20 at 08:28 PM.
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote