View Single Post
Old 03-17-20, 12:44 PM   #1372
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I'm just listening to our man Tony Fauci here in the U.S. If we play our cards right which I do believe we are (finally), he estimated the case fatality rate closer to 1% here in the United States.

I have absolutely no idea nor do I even dare guess what it could be in the E.U. Having twice the population we do you all are packed in over there like sardines. But if it makes you feel better you all will probably have closer to 100% infection and 30% case fatality rate.
You do not get my point. I am not about the fatlity rate of Corona alone.

You have a car accident. You need surgery, yiou bleed. They brign you to hospital,. it says no, thexy ask int he seocnd one, they say no, a third one: iots a no, they brign you nto the fourth one, two hours later, your blood loss is critical. They roll you inot a floor, and let you lie there since that is all they can do. Suzrgeons are out, nurses are short i n supply, ther eis no ventilator, the ER rooms are turned into isolation r ooms for corona patients. You die.

Does this count as a rais ei the Corona fatility rate? No. But nevcertheless it is Corona that has killed you, indirectly. Because it was Corona that has knocked out your health system.

And it will knock it out, you better believe that. It will knocks out even our system , and we have a three times as high a density of beds per 1000 people than you have in the US, and an even higher share of these are ICUs than it is the case in the US. But even the German system will finally get overwhelmed, because we started too late. You started even later, and with even more disadvantageous preparation levels. They started to realise what is coming at us, and although by numbers they claim we are set up well, today they suddenly went into panic mode and said they want to double the number of ICUs in Germany until the end of the year (which means they also forsee that this crisis will last deep into the next year at least, if not longer). Well, better late than never. The German fatality rate currently is low, so some thigns seem to be donen right, too. But this can change any time. I expect everything being possibkle, we do not know this virus yet.

You need to multiply the fatilities from corona with an unknown factor to represent the indirect kills form corona as well.