View Single Post
Old 03-11-20, 10:00 PM   #988
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
You are behind Italy by 1.5 to 2 weeks - your people will soon be shaken much more dramatically than just one ill actor.
Yeah, true but it is Tom Hanks!

Meanwhile, I guess you saw this

Quote:
Angela Merkel says she expects around 60-70 per cent of Germans will be infected with the coronavirus, which equates to about 53 million people.

Reportedly, the German Parliament fell completely silent when Merkel stated the number.
https://summit.news/2020/03/10/merke...h-coronavirus/

Is that real? Or fake news? Not sure here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Exponential growth is unconstrained growth. Once containment measures begin that calculation can no longer be applied. We have since moved on to the complicated and more realistic Verhulst model. Unlike poor Italy, and Iran the medical professionals and facilities in my country will have a considerably profound affect on it's growth because they are among the best in the world.
Actually, I don't think the quality of the health facilities has as much to do with as people will freak out and get serious about staying home once the numbers explode. Once the numbskulls realize they are in it, there will be some serious social distancing. Just my opinion.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote