View Single Post
Old 03-11-20, 05:41 PM   #23
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I'm always amazed at the behavior of the public here in the U.S. Even though we dont have a dictatorship. Many always seem to give one man all the attention and expectation he be able with the wave of a hand fix everything. Even though that's not his job. If Putin were to run for dictator in the U.S. he would probably win, sometimes I think people crave it. Thankfully our system of government makes that hard to do.
I always had kind of the impression that Americans chased away the king - and then realised they miss the glory of the royal show from having one.

And in the end, tribal drives are deeply rooted in us. We want leaders, Führers. Many are willing to compromise their freedoms and hand over their self-responsibility in exchnage for an easier life. I would even claim that globally this mindset is absolutely dominating. Just look at the many blossoming religious and political totalitarian and leadership cults. It starts with the attempt to bribe a theistic deity with prayers so that it gulfils the praying a free wish, and ends with presidnets beign more or less democratically elected and then allowing them to be equipped with almost monarchic, absolutistic powers. The love and craving for a Führer, by far is not just a German trait.