View Single Post
Old 03-09-20, 10:10 PM   #8847
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
WTH does my political leanings have to do with it? I asked you if what he said was correct or not. Seems to me it is perfectly appropriate for him to draw comparisons with the flu but since you seem to disagree I am interested in what has got you so freaked out. Or is it just because it's Trump saying it?
It's obvious Trump is projecting the attitude that the flu kills many more people than covid-19 has at this point so people should relax, covid-19 is not as dangerous as the flu we already deal with annually. Which is a incredibly stupid and irresponsible thing to say. It freaks me out that the President - even Donald Trump - would say something that dumb. I mean, I have gotten use to waking up each day with the realization that Donald Trump is the President of the United States (still probably better than the alternative but hmmm....) and it's not a Simpsons joke, but when he goes and says something like that, it keeps eclipsing my sense of incredulity. He can draw comparisons all he wants but let's see what he says in the next few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
You are in your 50's iirc and you've never had the flu, not even once? I find that difficult to believe. I've probably gotten it at least 40-50 times in my life so far.

Influenza A, B, or C? Not to my knowledge. If I did the symptoms were too mild to notice. I've had a cold before but never influenza, which a completely different thing.