View Single Post
Old 03-09-20, 09:21 PM   #8844
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
You paid for it as soon as you stuck your right hand on your heart at the MEPS station.
That's along the lines of my quick exchange with our CC (Company Commander, the equivalent of every other service's DI). We were sitting around shooting the breeze when he asked for volunteers for a work detail. I loudly said "Never volunteer!" He came back with "The Navy doesn't have a draft. You volunteered the day you signed on the dotted line."

Salt Lake City must have the best VA in the country. Not only can I always get help, sometimes it's hard to get rid of them. In the last year they've kept constant reign on my liver problem, never stopped trying to find what's wrong with my intestines, paid for a rehab company to come to my apartment when I refused to go to live-in rehab, and given me two new lenses, effectively giving me the best vision I've ever had. They've constantly dumped expensive equipment in my lap - a CPAP machine, various forms of compression equipment to help with the swelling in my legs, a pump suit I have to strap myself into to perform the same function over my whole lower body, and a walker that helps me by getting in the way all the time. This is not to mention the test equipment and insulin plus injection pens for the same. Like Joe Walsh said, "I can't complain, but sometimes I still do."