View Single Post
Old 03-09-20, 10:44 AM   #883
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Sigh, this is why preppers do what they do, well ahead of any emergency. I'm not going to feel sorry for people who wait till the last minute and then panic.
He who laughs last, laughs best.

Better being a hysterical, anti-social but well-prepared character pig (German view), than a friendly unprepared sheep.

From this week on - and I feel I am already late, I should have done so already tow or three weeks ago, but maybe I am one of the lucky ones and escaped the invisible bullets already flying around - I run condition yellow. Not more than one supermarket visit per week, the rest of my needs will be serviced by my stockpiled reserves. Add two visits at the baker. Anything else: doctor prescritpions, charging up my bank account and so forth, has been done and completed, will not need expeditions into town for the next 4 months . I will leave the house, of course. But for tours in the countryside, cycling, and beiong alone, not for going into town, shopping or whatever.

Probabilities are against us, against everybody of us, by 1:2 or 1:3. But we may suffer less if it strikes us hard and we get ill, when it happens at a time when the first antidots, drugs and specific medications are on the market. After all, three weeks in bed with a bad flu still are three weeks in bed with a bad flu, I do not volunteer for that. Its not nice. Also, you do not want to need visiting the hospital in the coming months. You are likely to leave sicker than you arrived. IF you leave again.

Delaying it, is my plan. The rest is luck.