View Single Post
Old 03-05-20, 05:42 PM   #750
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
Italy confirms 41 more deaths from coronavirus. https://edition.cnn.com/asia/live-ne...hnk/index.html

The numbers of those infected requiring hospitalization (2,141) vs home isolation (1,155) is almost double. I keep reading reports that on average, only 20% of infected people require hospitalization. This is way higher than that. Perhaps northern Italy has a large elderly population, or maybe this virus is more dangerous than first thought. Even more disturbing is only 414 have recovered so far. I'm wondering if they are seeing increasing numbers of relapses like in China.

Far more dangerous? Not likely, doctors, nurses, geneticists, scientists, all 'medical professionals' have a pretty good understanding how coronavirus including COVID-19 works. I would even go so far as to say the mystery is pretty much over. We also have a truck load of statistical information on how and who it affects by age group. We should know by now it is the elderly who are going to get hit hardest by this virus outbreak as is the case with even the common flu. Italy's elderly makes up almost 25% of their population. Only country I know of that has more is Japan. I expect death rates to be much higher in those countries for that reason.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-05-20 at 07:23 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote