View Single Post
Old 03-05-20, 09:32 AM   #535
Larrywb57
Tazmanian Devil

Downloads: 369
Uploads: 0
Default CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEWEST VERSION!

Team,

I wish to congratulate the team on your newest version 1.004.a!

As you can see in my signature, I have a new computer which can play this game as it should be played. I would also wish to thank Capn Scurvy for his thread, 'Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install.' I following the advice given in this tutorial which able me to start SH4 upon completion with no problem.

Real life issues have slowed me down somewhat as I haven't been able to test drive this version. But, as time permits, I have tried to keep up by reading this thread.

And now my first report:
I'm on my second patrol in a porpoise class boat which left Pearl Harbor on 19Feb1942. My objective was to go to Area 6 and stand by for further orders. Upon arrival, I was informed to engage and destroy enemy shipping. After sinking a lone merchant close to the Objective Star, I decided to move to Bingo Suido to a possible richer hunting ground. After sinking two merchants, I saved the game.

Later when I started the saved game, the computer went as far as, 'No Mission Too Difficult' and froze. After waiting for five minutes, I tried to use the task manager to close the game. I had to restart the computer to get SH4 to close. When saving a game, I read on a post from Subsum that the older computers didn't work well with spaces in the file name. So when separating words, I use the '_' underscore, I think that is what it is called, to help with not having corrupt saves. This is an older program from the not so long ago, well for me. And I don't keep more than three saves in my save folder. I know, I'm probably just superstitious. I also try to wait for at least ten seconds after clicking on the 'save' before closing the dialog box. I just loaded up the save before and 'tested' the simulation again. No problems encountered.

There is one change I have made since running SH4 on this computer instead of my older computer. In the office, I click on the radio to change the graphics settings to 'high'. Everything looks great! I haven't noticed any blank gauges and everything seems to work well. But I will keep testing.

Larry
C:\...100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v.1.8
Larrywb57 is offline   Reply With Quote