View Single Post
Old 03-03-20, 07:49 PM   #529
JuicemanJ
Swabbie

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0

JuicemanJ, what are your computer specs, and where do you have the game installed? There is a definite splash screen for the mod, which consists of the Ubisoft SH4 logo, over the

picture, along with the "Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate Edition" text. Definitely different than Stock. Steam defaults to installing the game in "C:\Program Files (x86) \Steam \SteamApps \common \Silent Hunter..." which is controlled by Windows. All sorts of files will be restored to their previous state because of the Windows UAC and other 'modern technologies' that MS has introduced since the Windows XP days. If SH4 is about the only Steam game you have, then it might be easier to re-install and change the install folder to something you've created yourself that is outside of a Program Files folder. If you have a 2nd hard drive available, you can create a 2nd Steam Library folder on that drive, and install SH4 there. Or you can "move" the install by hand... Consult the Steam Knowledgebase Article "Moving a Steam Installation and Games" for more info. Be sure and de-activate FotRSU or any other mods you have first, then move your MODS folder out of there so you don't lose it. After you are installed in a better location and have re-activated your mod(s), be sure and empty the Save folder C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4", to be certain that the mod will take and copy to there... If you don't empty the Save folder, a goodly portion of the Save data is not overwritten. If you don't start the game though, you won't have Save data... [/QUOTE]

I'm going to try again, I set it up in C:\Games\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters wolves of the pacific. Maybe I extracted in the wrong folder. I tried it a couple times last night. I just deleted it all and reinstalled SH4 and will follow instruction again and see if I can get it right.

System Specs
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K
64K DDR4 Ram
GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
JuicemanJ is offline   Reply With Quote