View Single Post
Old 01-30-20, 03:09 PM   #8455
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Its a rigged game, plain and simple. It always has been. And nobody should dare to claim that this system is a "democratic" one. It'S not, not in the meaning of "democratic" in modern reinterpretation of te word, nor in the meaning of the very different ancient Greek conception of the term and by the ancient Greek city states' example. All Wetsern models are what ancient Greek wpouiöld label as the antagonoist of true dmeocracy, they would see it is tyranny, a mix of the three base formats they knew of "tyrannis".

I do not mean no unilaterally bash the Us here, its illustrated by me many times that I bash other states, including Germany and Europe, as harsh as well. Its just that the U poses in the world as being the shining role model for all world to admire and follow. It isn'T. Its as corrupted, maybe even worse so due to its immense power and the fallout that creates, than all others as well.
It is highly unlikely the forefathers that worked on and instituted the electoral college did so knowing it was a rigged game. The US is not a democracy, so you are correct, no one would or should call the system "democratic". But again, relevant or not, Trump and his team played the electoral college game and won. That is how it is played by the rules instituted. We can talk about it for years but it will not change the outcome of the 2016 election. I do not see the electoral college going away in your and my lifetime. As such, those running better figure out the game as quickly as Trump.

How a person who has nothing but a life of political experience, backed by people with a life of political experience lose the electoral college game is beyond me. She fell asleep at the helm(again) and lost at her own game. A game that was rigged in her favor!