View Single Post
Old 01-25-20, 09:40 PM   #286
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Is the newest files I did working out OK?
I'm busy running an important job right now but have started a newer version for 010.
That will be the final prototype for a stand alone version of the conversion scripts.
Yes, sorry Jeff, I had almost forgot. I have just exported the same obj file that had shown the problem with your previous RAW exporter (i.e. the mesh with the X/Z offset), but this time I used the tweaked exporter that you had uploaded the other day. I expected its raw output to be identical to the raw file generated by the old exporter used on the re-centered mesh, but to my surprise, the two files are all but identical:

I have uploaded the two files, in case you want to check them yourself (you should already have the two obj meshes that they are based on):

https://www.mediafire.com/file/null/...Masks.rar/file

I don't know if it is intended, but in any case the numeric difference of the two files are are so small that in game nothing seems to change if I switch one file with the other.

All in all: good job (be more aggressive)!

P.S: what I like about this thread is that we move unconcerned from debating on the vegetation of a given eco-zone or on the snowfall in a certain corner of world to discussing hex numbers and triangles, and even more if you think that our attachments can vary from eye-candy screenshots to architectural pictures passing through maps, wireframe meshes and pieces of code lol

PPS: a standalone version of the conversion scripts would be awesome as it would enable anyone to make its own changes to the SH5 map!

Last edited by gap; 01-25-20 at 10:09 PM.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote