Thread: New Captain!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-07-20, 04:43 PM   #1
Marty Pascal
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
radar New Captain!!!

Hey all! I've visited the sight in the past but finally pulled the trigger on registering officially! Excited to be a part of the community. I have played subsims since 688(I) came out on Sega Genesis back in the mid 90's. Although, I've just recently gotten back into them. I parted ways with them when I joined the USMC in '03 and for whatever reason lost them for a long time.
So...I come loaded with questions and I hope overtime I can get them answered as well as expand my knowledge of subsim tactics and PC gaming in general. So I apologize in advance for the long post. I will outline my questions in an attempt to make any responses easier to track.
Question 1) As I'm new to the site I'm still having a small difficulty in finding my way around. Mostly what I will be doing on Subsim will be asking troubleshooting questions and sharing game tactics and so forth. I'm guessing that's usually done in the Forum? (assuming that's where this post will show up?)
Question 2) I play a couple different sims but by far my favorite is Dangerous Waters. I follow FPS Chazly and Jive Turkey on YouTube, but sometimes I can't always get my questions fully answered there. Is there anyone who doesn't mind sending me a friend request that is knowledgeable about troubleshooting the game? Any and all friends welcome by the way.
Question 3) In dangerous waters I'm having a few graphics issues I can't seem to be able to fix. On the Nav Map when the 3D window is the smaller one, the contact details on the map screen window flickers so much it can barely be read. I have to switch to 3D to read relevant info like bearing/course/speed/range etc. Does anyone know why that is/have that same problem/or know how to fix it? DM me if you have any suggestions or would like to help.
Question 4) And Finally, while in the 3D window I'm getting weird glitchy little boxes that I think are supposed to be sunlight or something. Not that big of a deal but if there is some setting that I'm missing I'd like to change it to enhance the view to what it's supposed to be.

Ok, well if anyone can help me with those questions or just wants to connect for good convo about subs and stuff, add me. Again, glad to be part of the subsim community. Maybe I'll catch you guys and gals in any number of the other subsim communities! "Non sibi sed patriae" and "Semper Fi!"
Marty Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote