Old 01-07-20, 04:36 AM   #332
von Zelda
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Slowing Okinawa frame rate problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
We could build you guys a "NO Harbors" version (we would delete the Harbors layers, and you would see nothing in them), but we do get more praise for a world that is "alive", than we do for criticism against traffic...... Also of note is that the FotRSU team has not edited anything around Okinawa, and there really isn't much going on around there. In fact, a lot of harbors in FotRSU actually have less traffic than when we started working on the mod, mostly because the ships were crashing into each other all of the time. The main thing to look out for near harbors are your radars. When near a friendly harbor, turn your radars off. Do not exceed 128x TC.

I will look for an Insertion mission for Okinawa, but I do not recall FotRSU as having one...

I just got to thinking - are you running FotRSU (Ultimate), or are you using FOTRS, such as v1.2 or v1.3?? - If you have FOTRS, there are "run-a-way" spawns that FotRSU corrects, and the Okinawa corridor is where you potentially see two giant groups of DD. I mean groups of 60+ DD have been reported, sometimes congregating into a mess when none of them can move. The result from the player's perspective is a frame rate that drops to the single-digits, and eventually crashes.
The US & British ports are NOT a big problem although returning to one is a somewhat slow process. I turn radar off but that surface sonar is a real bug and it slows ya down. Maybe a "No Traffic Friendly Harbor Mod" in the future?

I'm using the new FothRS UE by the way. The time period is Oct, Nov, Dec 1944. This 20nm area around Okinawa is the only area that I've found where the frame rate drops so low the game stops. I'm not receiving any radar or sonar signals, just a slowing down. Per your DD description above, maybe there's a large task force or convoy positioned in or near the Okinawa harbor causing an issue?

Thanks for looking into it.