View Single Post
Old 01-04-20, 05:33 PM   #325
Kongo Otto
Commodore

Downloads: 203
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
That is an odd one... - What happens if you use 512x TC instead? How about 128x?? Does it do it every time in 256x TC? When you activated the mod, did you empty your Save folder, generally in "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4" or similar, OS dependent? Do you use the LAA applet to set the bits on the SH4.exe file, to where Windows "knows" that SH4 is capable of addressing more than 4gig of RAM? Thanks.

In the meantime, nothing to be "sorry" for in this. It's just a game, and is rather recalcitrant in its relationship with us mere humans...

Hi propbeanie.

I had a pristine installation of SH4 before I activated the mod and the SH4 folder in "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4" was empty.Yes, I use LAA.

So far I could see that behavior in 256, 512 and 1024 but not in lesser TC settings. It follows the plotted course and when it changes course it does stop and goes down to zero knots, but it does not do it right from the start.
The strange behavior starts about after the fifth course change of a plotted course. Alternatively instead of setting tc to 1 and setting speed to standard, when I change view from the map (F5) to the bridge (F4) the boat starts to gain speed again. Then I can go back to the map and I can see the ship starting to follow the plotted course again.

Kongo Otto is offline   Reply With Quote