View Single Post
Old 12-23-19, 10:28 PM   #80
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Sounds like a great idea. Don't like a diplomat then whisk them away during the night because, well, he broke one of our laws! However this https://legal.un.org/ilc/texts/instr...s/9_1_1961.pdf .prevents that from happening. Both the U.S. and Britain are in agreement with this convention. A government can ASK for a waiver but the othrer need not grant it. Leaving the only other choice to expell the diplomat.

I'm glad she claimed diplomatic immunity and left, I would have done the same thing. Last I heard that kid was left on the ground ALIVE for about 40 minutes before an ambulance arrived and he died in hospital. As I said before I would be terrified to be in a dreadful accident in a foreign land when the media drama and emotions run high and pretty much have condemned me before a trial. I would want to get the hell out of there.

Have your trial Id be interested to find out if his death could have been prevented had he received proper and timely treatment. According to other sources, Mrs Sacoolas stayed at the scene until the ambulance had arrived and police allowed her to leave. One only need to read this thread and understand why I think she did the right thing by claiming diplomatic immunity and left the country. It turned political hell even Trump was added to the argument here. That's pathetic and shows to me the poor woman would have never gotten a fair shake.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 12-24-19 at 08:13 AM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote