View Single Post
Old 12-20-19, 09:38 PM   #251
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc4ulfate View Post
Operation Monsun is one of my favorite all time Mods. Noting beats a Hedgehog attack in 60 feet of water. BOOM!!
You might actually survive in 60 foot of water though - blow ballast and you might make it to the surface, for all the good it'll do you though, in the game. At 600 foot though, all they have to do is ding you anywhere, and it's "curtains"... You do not make it to the surface, even it the boat does survive the hull compromising... too much water!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc4ulfate View Post
Even in past version I noticed something at Truk. There is a CL at dock that is normally within the dock or sometimes standing almost straight up i the air on fire.

There is a CV or sometimes a Chitose or seaplane tender, then this one ship embedded in the dock or in flames sticking out out of the water then sometimes a merchant then DD. In a row on the north docks.

Today I was there July '43. Finished off 2 CV, CL two DD and had one DD and Yamato to go. This was in an area east of the Dublin Docks. Just as the last DD fire from my 180 I dropped the scope as I fired a fish ... SILENCE. No pings, no sonar lines. I push the periscope back up and the DD and Yamato had disappeared in a flash.

I went to Tulugi to reload. Went back. Took out an Ise BB, Furataka, DD, Naka was trying to leave Truk are and was at least 100nm south east of truk when a plane came up. I dove ... then CTD. No clue if it was a bad save, to many tonnes, the plane or its ordinance.
I'll revisit Truk then. You should be getting all sorts of Japanese air cover if you're inside the Atoll... These airplanes are driving me bonkers. s7rikeback did discover a non-working component on one of the Betty planes, and I may have found a sort-of "fix", which I'll be trying tomorrow. If that works, then I know what to look for on a few others. I am definitely stumped at this time though, by the Zero planes. I cannot see anything wrong with them yet, but some fly right, others are weird...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote