View Single Post
Old 12-19-19, 04:20 PM   #8328
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

^ This is why Pelosi was so very very very hesitent for so long time to actually start impeachment. He party had to push her until, she had no other choice. Now she must put a good face on the matter. The Democrats fired a HE round in a cannon with a congested barrel.

The lil' boy in the White House will do what he does better than any other: polarizing even further to secure his victory 2020. In fact he already has started. The Dems imho now have no chance.

This polarization has started already at the Nixon "incident", immediately after that round ended. It was the last time parties were able to reach out to the other, and Republicans actually cared a bit about the evidence. The next round already was the Republican conspiracy with Khomeini to delay the freeing of the hostages so that Carter could not benefit form it and Reagan got elected. And from then on at the latest the degeneration of standards and political culture went into a steeper and steeper dive. The acceleration this descent has reached in the present years, is breathtaking. Techncially, I put the major guilt on the Republicans who played obviously foul again and again, and I fail to see the Democrats having produced such formidable crime cases like Nixon and Iran-Contra and the war of 2003 and - according to socalled conspiracy theories - letting 9/11 happening to get the cause for total surviellance of civil soeity, orhvate people, and under explicit violation of US laws and constitutional rules. But I also think that even without that that confrontation would have turned out to become sharper and sharper simply due to the Democrats turning ever more lefty.

Anthrax or Ebola. America, choose your poison. Thats your precious freedom. Compromise is not possible. If you died of the one thing, you cannot also die a bit of the other. Its fair to say that lil' Cesar has you all exactly where he wants you. Now recommended is a little studying of European history. Where America now is, where it craves to be: absolute polarization, Europe already has been - several times. The results always were excessive, and in no way pleasant for anyone.

edit:
P.S. I do not think impeachment will give the Democrats sufficient PR points amongst voters. And the surveillance state Americans obviously do not care for, nor is war on climate as big an issue as over here. What could grow numbers of voters for Democrats however is the shabby state the health system is in, but the Democrats would need to handle it somewhat realistically. If they try to milk it by making sky-high promises whose financing even for the laziest sleeper is obvious to be unrealistic, they will mess this chance as well. We see across all of Europe that turning ever more left currently does not pay off for left parties (thats why they so desperately try to import migratst everywhere who traditionally tend to vote more left, and to lower age limits because the young also tend to vote more lefty). People increasingly want to know how promises are to be paid for.

I seriously wonder whether there will be a third party raising in the US in the forseeable future. I see this as realistic, although I know that everybody will laugh at me. But here in Europe they laughed about certain potlkical scenarios as well that nobody imagined - and that by now have become reality, and in a very short time. The established two parties in the US, both are burned and dead.

Last edited by Skybird; 12-19-19 at 04:32 PM.
Skybird is online