View Single Post
Old 12-15-19, 05:21 AM   #8285
FeatsOfStrength
Gunner

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
You're right, I won't argue with any of that. Trump is pretty much the worst person as President I've seen in my lifetime. But, what was the alternative in 2016? Do I need to post that picture again? Is 2020 going to offer us a better alternative?

Even though Trump is a bona fide huckster and degenerate, you have to admit he is getting a few things right. The economy is has responded to tax cuts and trimming regulations, he's called China out for their bad practices, and he is attempting to limit illegal immigration (while the Dems want to throw the borders wide open and provide tax payer funded health care to illegals).
I agree with you on the economy, though I think his foreign policy leaves much to be desired. Free trade used to be one of the main pillars of Republican policy, putting tariffs on allies not to mention cooling of international relationships with allies (look at what happened at the NATO summit).. it's just asking to be knocked out of the top spot in favour of China, which is rapidly expanding it's new markets & influence across the world in many cases taking advantage of opportunities missed by the US, particularly in the past 3 years, China has been increasingly militarising and expanding it's influence.

I want him to do well as president but i'm not convinced it's not short term gain, or that he really cares about anything other than his ego.