Old 10-22-19, 12:39 PM   #57
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
pie in the sky wishful thinking as far as I am concerned:

1. I have not seen one shred of evidence so far that this was anything other than a tragic accident, so no reason to waive "diplomatic immunity". Notice also that no one in the U.S. is asking for this which is the real litmus test;

2. Even if they do decide to charge mrs. Sacoolas and try to extradite her (assuming diplomatic immunity is waived), the British Government would have to present its evidence in a U.S. Court and convince a U.S. judge that there was enough evidence of an actual criminal act;

3. Honestly, this is actually the reason why diplomatic immunity exist. This is becoming a political footbal in the UK, where everyone just wants to punish and lock up the "Ugly American". No one in the U.S. will agree to waive diplomatic immunity, just to have mrs. Sacoolas locked up in the UK for 2-3 years while she is awaiting trial where there is no real evidence of a crime;
1. I also believe this to be a tragic accident and diplomatic immunity no longer applies because her husband has left his post.

2. How about the video footage the CPS (Crown Prosecution Service) currently has?

3. This has nothing to do with punishing the "Ugly American" Don't lose sight of the fact a young man lost his life due to the alleged actions of somebody and when I wore the uniform causing death by careless or reckless driving was and still is a criminal offence here in the UK, an offence that could warrant a prison sentence of up to five years.

It is currently being stated in the press that she has asked for the interview to take place, just a pity she hadn't felt that way before she fled the UK despite assuring the Police she had no intentions of doing so.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote