View Single Post
Old 10-14-19, 11:01 AM   #13
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

US special forces commanders feeling ashamed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/13/w...gtype=Homepage

Troops and officers also felt ashamed when being ordered to sit on the fence in 1991 and watching Saddam'S gunships massacring the Shia rebels. I recall a message in Newsweek from back then that really went under my skin, how it pushed the mood into the dumps, and stirred quite some anger at Bush. At that time, Saddam was not allowed to operate his air force in the embattled region. The gunships however were left to him - to make his massacre more effective. Those who were slauightered there, dared toi rise only due to encouragement and promise for assisdtane by Washington.

A big power wanting to be a biog power, will turn agai8nst its allies if it sees the need and interest to do so. Else it wiull neve rbecome and cannot stay a majopr playxer in the big global arenma. Still, when it acts like a traitor this way, it nevertehless gives a pitiful sight. And what it means for the moral of US troops on the ground in the region - well, use your imagination. Some may be happy to go home. But I tell you, many feel ashamed as well.

And Trumps tweets on the issue, quite some of them, are so sick and disconnected from reality and illustrate such a derranged, confused mind that they are simply just infuriating and leaves one wondering why any American can still believe that he is not mentally insane, sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald on Twitter
As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!).

A German word comes to mind: Caesarenwahn. We once had a little Gefreiten from Austria who thought himself to be the greatest Heerführer ever. It later showed he wasn't.

Last edited by Skybird; 10-14-19 at 11:19 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote