View Single Post
Old 10-03-19, 08:22 PM   #8574
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Alright merc, I've been at it a while, and I have to give up for now. I've got more pix, but the main one is this:

the Shokaku Class sunk there was in the near column. I had shot 3 torps at an Unryu Class in the middle column, and 3 at the Shokaku Class in the near column. I missed the Unryu rather badly ahead, but those torps went and hit the Shokaku Class in the far column (they were set to slow). I was about 12-15 degrees ahead of the row of CV, so I couldn't miss hitting something...

There was an Ise / Fuso (couldn't get close enough to tell) leading center, and the Mogami I got there was trailing center, hit with 2 rear tubes after turning (running away from DD). Of course, the group was spreading out and we were drawing a crowd of DD. The Shiratsuyu was so close and had me dead to rights. He had been on the port flank front, but was too far away from the group on my approach, and that's where I slipped in.

Two DD up front were leading the group, one of which was just in front of the BB, and I got his depth charge racks in that Musuki, else he would have dropped them on me again after he turned around. His buddy, a trailing Asashio of some form or another attempted to avenge his death and caused damage to the rear tubes. That Mutsuki is the one who delivered the major hurt on me on his first pass. Earlier, when the other DD were dropping behind me, they were going way deep, like 300+, so I had been cruising along at 220 just below the thermal, and as it sounded like the Mutsuki was coming in for a run, I started up to PD. He passed over me dropping when I was at about 125 or so, and the charges were just below me, at like 220... clairvoyant they are...

Anyway, I have saved and exited, intending to continue tomorrow. It is after 12 noon there in the game (midnight here), and the only issue encountered has been clairvoyant DD and a crew member that keeps telling me we have flooding. It is almost like he gives me one for each compartment... ?? And again, my repair crew does not fix things in the order on my list - Main Pump I would think would be more important than diesel engines, but... Everyone in the engine room was wounded from the depth charging, but "only" 20% hull damage - and, in spite of putting 2 DD down, there are still five in my neighborhood, and I could see 3 more on the horizon coming at us as I shot at the Mutsuki. Thus far, the 2nd Shokaku Class is moving away at about 3 knots, down by the bow, but appeared to be stable, so will probably get away. Two freighters are catching the Shokaku, so there is probably a 2nd group closing, which means more DD...
What you saw was the second wave. The first wave has three CV and I was wrong about the CA there are only two then a whole lot of DD on the Screens.

I have been attacking the first wave. The second wave is about an hour or two behind them.

This time I let the first wave go over me as I sat at 300 feet.

They past and everything is fine. I then attack the second wave you saw. I sank all three CV, the Fuso, the Mogami and one DD plus the two merchants coming from the rear. I still have fish left. WT?? LOL

This is when I decide to exist the area. I move sw and come about 6000-8000 away from the searching DD come to all stop at 300 feet and then CTD.

I have been at sea for over a month almost a month and a half. I must have well over 100,000 tons in enemy shipping sunk.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote