View Single Post
Old 10-01-19, 08:12 PM   #20
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Pork I do not eat since years, it just is nothing I crave for, but beef in the past years also got somewhat rare. Mostly I eat chicken, veal, and fish has gone up in my preference list significantly. No health and environmental considerations in these changes, it all was due to changes in taste and interest. Fish means tuna both in cans and as filet steaks for grilling them, and also much salmon. I discovered catfish recently, and plan to get back to it. On bread I prefer either sweet spreads, especially nougat and Austrian jam, or cheese of variosu kinds, cold cuts are extremely rare on my table. I eat just twice a day, and not at all every fourth day or so. I am doing intermittent fastening since over a year now. Killed 15 kg in six months. I do not ban anything I like to eat, sweets sins included, I just limit the time of the day when I eat to an 8 hour interval. Oh, and lots of cacao and Espresso. No beer anynmore, but alcohol-free white beer: the irony here is that I do not like neither white beer no alcohol-free beer, but non-alcoholic white beer I kill for. Wine frequently, Bayleys too, a mild Scottish malt (Dalwhinnie) or an Irish whisky (Jameson 1780) rarely. Whisky is harsh enough, if I drink it, then it must not be an especially coarse one, but a mild one.

Typical "American breakfast" with eggs, ham and all that, is horror for me, and always was. Breakfast means coffee, bread and sweet spreads to me. But usually I do not eat anything before noon or early afternoon. At noon: breakfast. Lunch is in the evening. No supper. My starsign is Aquaruius, we do things differently.

Beef for Gulasch, and steak, and mince. Veal for Wiener Schnitzel. No pork. No barbecue sausages. Lots of chicken. Sometimes lamb, its expensive, and I use it only for mint sauce.

I buy "from the region", when available in the store, why I should buy potatoes from other countries when potato farmers in my neighbourhood face an already difficult market, is beyond me. From far away places I only buy what is not avialable locally - but I then buy it for sure, if I want it. These are the only environmental consideration I pay attention to, the rest or moral and ecological and pltlical and else demands I do not even "boycott": but it does not even come to my mind to waste my time with that nonsense. "Carbon footprint" and all that collective mass hype and ritual also do not interest me at all. They just want to keep you running with they themselves swinging the whip and raising fear so that you have no time to come to rest and start thinking yourself. A mind that is thinking their thoughts cannot think ideologically unwanted own thoughts.

Last edited by Skybird; 10-01-19 at 08:31 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote