View Single Post
Old 09-27-19, 06:52 AM   #7510
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

I cannot see how this whole 'whistleblower complaint' as a basis for impeachment will turn out well for the Democrats. I can see one casualty being Joe Biden's campaign for the Dem nomination. It won't look good for Obama as well. A lot of stuff that we don't know about the Biden's corruption will come out if there is an impeachment.

I think Nancy Pelosi has stepped in it. The Democrat party should be spending all of it's time and energy to get a viable candidate for the 2020 election. So far they haven't. Despite all of his weaknesses Biden is their most reasonable candidate and now they are going to hurt him by exposing his dealings with his son. It's already public knowledge but now it will be in the Fox news cycle every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Perhaps they've finally understood how damaging it would be to defend Trump, especially if dems go full broadside and bring everything for all to see.
Sorry but no. If you are a Republican Senator in a deep red district and you vote to remove a Republican President from office for something as shady as the 'whistleblower complaint' your career is over. It's going to have to be something a lot more damaging than that. Democratic Senators did the same thing in acquitting Bill Clinton.

Republican voters have long realised that for the Democrats, there is only one kind of legitimate presidential election: one where they win.

But yes many Republicans are conflicted. I think Kevin D. Williamson sums it up the best.

Quote:
1) I am glad that Hillary Rodham Clinton is not the president;

2) Based on what we know right now, I do not want to see Donald Trump impeached and removed from office;

3) I do not want to see Elizabeth Warren being sworn in as president in January 2021;

4) Donald Trump cannot be gone soon enough.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online