View Single Post
Old 09-22-19, 11:27 AM   #827
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The German Bundesrat has mulled a law draft and handed it to the Bundestag which says that vilification of EU symbols shall be punishable with up to three years in prison. The initiative for this laws stems from the federal state of Saxony.

"Niemand hat dier Absicht eine Mauer zu bauen." (Walter Ulbricht, SED party leader and leader of the GDR on 15.06.1961)

"Niemand hat die Absicht einen EU-Supertstaat zu erschaffen." (claimed by EUcrats since last decade of the 20th and throughout the early 21st century)

My prediction: since long politicians mull laws that will criminalise criticism of the EU and demand that any criticism of the EU must be proposed to EU organs that then can to decide on the legitimcy and valdity of said criticsm. This now will come next. The end of free speech and the implementation of thought police. Thinking will need a party license. Thinkling independently already now is socially banned and sanctioned.

The sometimes hilarious, sometimes horrific blueprints for political reglementation of civil society as Philip K. Dick depicted them in so many of his novels, become kind of reality.

At times I start to hope that Russia would indeed launch war against Europe and that the US indeed would stay out of it and chose isolationism. Just so to bomb all this insanity out of the rotting European mind and force reason back into vacuum by confronting luxury-used peasants with existential threat to their very life and survival.

What Alexis de Toqueville once wrote in hisw time, is valid und true for today as well:

"Tyranny in democratic republics does not proceed in the same way, however. It ignores the body and goes straight for the soul. The master no longer says: You will think as I do or die. He says: You are free not to think as I do. You may keep your life, your property, and everything else. But from this day forth you shall be as a stranger among us. You will retain your civic privileges, but they will be of no use to you. For if you seek the votes of your fellow citizens, they will withhold them, and if you seek only their esteem, they will feign to refuse even that. You will remain among men, but you will forfeit your rights to humanity. When you approach your fellow creatures, they will shun you as one who is impure. And even those who believe in your innocence will abandon you, lest they, too, be shunned in turn. Go in peace, I will not take your life, but the life I leave you with is worse than death."

I quoted this several times now, but it is so damn true and actual that it is depressing. However, nothing stops today's ideologists to take several steps beyond Toqueville's warnings.