View Single Post
Old 09-22-19, 06:40 AM   #11052
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Mr Corbyn was dealt a blow on Saturday when it emerged one of his aides, head of policy Andrew Fisher, revealed he will quit his post by the end of the year.

He said he wanted "to spend more time with his young family", but the Sunday Times claims he warned Mr Corbyn would not win the next general election and criticised the leader's office "lack of professionalism, competence and human decency". https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49786833
Looks like someone has woken up and smelled the coffee at last.

I had an interesting telephone conversation last night with an ex-colleague who is at the Labour Party Conference. They inform me that despite the fact Momentum continue to support Steptoe, there is a lot of behind the scenes work being undertaken to source a suitable far left wing successor to Steptoe when he eventually steps down for whatever reason.

Momentum enjoy a strong position in the Labour Party after decades of trying and are looking to cement and maintain that position long into the future.

I doubt the UK electorate will ever be like minded.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)