View Single Post
Old 09-07-19, 12:51 PM   #28
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
Thanks for this link Gap, there's a ton of useful info in this thread.
My pleasure

Quote:
I'm browsing through it and tweaking some values in my ship's files to get rid of the lighting problems and other bugs. I have to edit the .zon files as well since these still weren't changed from original ship.
Yes, the damage model is one of the main differences between SH5 and its predecessors. Without the tweaks that you are mentioning, your new unit wouldn't take any damage from collisions/explosions.

Quote:
I probably will have to make my own ASW weapons for it as well. Even if I could get SH3 or SH4 Y-gun to work (SH5 works, but is rendered black on dat model), they have far too much ammo for this kind of ship. And no DC chute that would fit for stern depth charges is in game files.
I don't remember having seen DC chutes in any of the stock SH5 unit. You could probably borrow a chute 3D model from one of the small ASW vessels released in the past for SHIII/IV, but looking for them would probably take much longer than modelling one from scratch...

On a side note, be warned that even though you give to your boat the appropriate unit type, depending on her displacement she might have an hard time at using her depth charges. That's caused by a limit of SH's AI, as small units try to avoid collision with bigger mass units, even though they are submerged.

Quote:
Meanwhile, some shots of the current version in game:
Wow, she looks so nice (though you haven't placed the ensign in the gaff position yet )!
gap is offline   Reply With Quote