Thread: Modding help
View Single Post
Old 09-04-19, 09:00 PM   #2
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 437
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahwillprovide View Post
Not sure if this is the right sub-forum or not, hopefully someone can answer me or direct towards someone that can answer me. Im trying to add the Mk-48 torps that most of the nuclear sub mods have included with them, but I want them in a regular ww2 instead of on a Typhoon/Ohio/What have you. I have s3d and I found the /Data/Library/Torpedoes.* files so I was digging around but I couldn't figure out a way to add them to my list of available torpedoes. How can I get these sweet things on my Type-VII? Would be too much fun to find a convoy and fire a salvo from 100m down at sound contacts.
jahwillprovide...welcome to subsim.

what you are attempting is not possible. there is no way to create wire-guided, acoustical torpedoes in silent hunter.
the closest you can get is the German Type 5 or Type 7, i forget. that was an acoustic torpedo but it was slow and unreliable. The US counterpart is a Type 27.
if you want to create new and additional torpedoes, you not only have to modify the Torpedos_us.sim, zon, et al you also have to create the torpedo graphics, then add that new model as a possible selection to the set of boats on which you wish to use plus about six other things i cannot remember. yes, it is a ginormous PITA.
i apologize if i seem to be a harry-hair-shirt, but i started down a similar path a year or two ago and gave up. i was going to compromise and just fiddle with the acoustical settings of the existing fish but there are no acoustical settings. the performance envelope is hard-coded within SH4. don't yell at me...yell at Ubi.

you can try downloading Rockin Robbins slightly-sub-nuclear-torpedo mod and see what you can see from what he did.
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloa...o=file&id=1210

good luck.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote