View Single Post
Old 09-04-19, 05:03 PM   #26
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
Yes, it's in dat format. When I get it into relasable state in dat, then I'll see if I can port it into gr2.
Good plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
As for the second question - lacking any experience with dat file structure, I approached it by using one of existing ships as template, and then changing node after node to fit my model. So my method of adding lightmap was "replace original O01.dds file with my own". I think the problem is in how I made the file, not how it was added though - in other words, I don't know what to put in alpha layer for the ship to look "natural".
Well, if you used a native SHIV ship as template, you should know that SH5's specular masks are probably darker than SHIV ones.

If you want to make a comparison, in SH5 those texture maps are stored in the alpha channels of main (diffuse) textures, whereas for stock SHIV units they are stored in ambient occlusion map's alpha channels (O1 etc.).

Talking on this topic, probably I have already pointed you to the thread linked below, but I recommend you to re-read it carefully as it contains reports of how various modders had to rework SHIV light maps for them to look right in SH5:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...71#post1644371

Besides that, unless you didn't enable the ambient occlusion map in S3d, I see from your previews that your new unit is still missing one. AO maps are a bit more complicated than other maps, but they can make a big difference in how natural the illumination of various 3D objects looks in game.
Just give me a sign when you are ready to add one to your gracious model.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote