View Single Post
Old 08-06-19, 03:16 AM   #779
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I dont know, I simply guess.

The first, windmills, could kill scores indeed if a major blackout happens due to the erosion of the powergrid and infrastrture, and if that blackout lasts longer than emergency PSUs in hospitals and vital tcncial infrastructures would hold. So far our oldest windmills sometimes catch fire without hurting somebody, afaik.

The second, coal causing radioactive fallout, I just do not know, not regarding mining, not regarding emissions. I never linked the two so far. Evidence?

I think reason would dictate the use of nuclear power. The Germans may make a relgion of saving energy, but internationally the demand will not grow, but explode, will go steeply upwards. The world does not stop to revolve around the sun just because some German Hobbits wish so. But we should shut down the old ones, replacing them with modenr ones. The big issue with nuclear powerplants is the enormous costs, usually to the tax payer, in dismantling old plants. Thse costs get carefulls hidden from the public, and get exlcuded from projective calculations when planning the construction. The lifetime of NPPs is finite.

The Green'S fight last but not least is a ideolgocially, cultural one, to replace the social order and society with something from their mind lab. In the end, its a mix of pure communism and romantic escapism from technology and industry and science (genetics) they dream off. That mass production is the indispensable precondition for the huge ammounts of populations in the world, they seem to not care for.

We are too many, however. Global population must drop by severlalbillions, else everything we could try will be in vein in the long run.Its like a rescue boat that has too many passengers and alread takes more water than can be baled out while still letting people climb aboard. Its not a thing of the heart, its a thing of mathematics. We are too many.

Last edited by Skybird; 08-06-19 at 03:26 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote