Old 07-23-19, 01:41 PM   #396
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
The below list has been tested ...
This mod list requires some powerful PC nevertheless...
I have an I7, but an I5 should handle it without problems.
I have 16Gb RAM, and the more you have the better...
I have an Nvidia 1050 Ti 2GB, a good video card is also necessary.
I don’t think a laptop could handle my mod list...
I have similar running on a 6th gen Core i7 laptop with 8G of ram, onboard video and audio, and 7200rpm 1TB hard drive. It handles it rather well, no hiccups at all, although I do attempt to limit the frame rate to 30fps, though it does go above that. There is no known way (to me) to limit the Intel onboard video. I also have the same set-up running on a Core 2 Duo desktop quad core 82xx (??) Yorkie at 2.4GHz with 8 gig of RAM, and set of 4 hard drives, all WD Black at 7200 rpm, with an nVidia 560Ti (thanks to CC Price), limited to 30fps and nary a hiccup. You probably need a dual-core at 2.5-3GHz, 4-8gig of ram, 7200 rpm hard drive (SSD preferable), a 64-bit version of Windows and a good video card with at least 1gig of gram. The newer/stronger, the better. However, you do not need to go over 30fps in the game, since it was written to run at 30fps...

Let us know what you have for an OS. I've been doing some experiments with Windows XP 32-bit and Windows 7 32-bit on a machine with 4gig of ram, and have had success getting them to run SH4 better. I have a Vista machine, but it's an old Dell 8250 machine with only 1gig of ram, else I would have tried Vista also by now... It's a relatively easy alteration in XP, but does get mildly complicated and somewhat "dangerous" with Win7, but is easy enough to do...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote