View Single Post
Old 07-19-19, 08:40 PM   #371
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 437
Uploads: 27

Default observations and questions

i realize that some of these may be original OpM issues, but i do not remember them from playing the original OpM.

in no particular order:

1. if the boat is deep and the order to come to periscope depth is given, there are two blasts on the horn. normally that is reserved for surfacing and it should be three for surfacing. so..that's two issues in one. can i correct those?
  2. the chronometer does not activate when a torpedo is fired to indicate the running time. and looking at the face, i think i may need 6 or 8 hours of training to understand what it is supposed to do.
  3. there is no knob/dial to change the offset angle when firing a torpedo. i checked every dial that displayed and could not find it. so if it IS there, please point it out to me.
  4. there is no clock. actually, i was frantic when i realized it and it was actually: THERE'S NO CLOCK!!! is it hidden somewhere or MIA or disabled?
  5. i've only run a quick mission and a war patrol and the graphics look fine.
  6. there is a regular sound, similar to an active sonar ping. it unnerved me when i first heard it because i thought the boat was being hunted. is that part of the regular background noise or something important that i did not understand?
i'm still trying to finish up RFB in the Pacific before i get serious with OpM-Fifi.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote