Thread: Real Nav
View Single Post
Old 07-16-19, 08:00 AM   #10
Fidgety
Mate

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0

If you'd like to learn more about real celestial navigation, I'd be happy to help.

OK I have something thats bugging me and I cant figure it out yet from 3 websites I have been to.

On this tutorial > https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=206103

first we need to find Zenith Distance = 90 - 42.54 we convert the 90 degree to 89.60 - 42.54 = 47.06 is the Zenith Distance

From everything I have read so far, the zenith distance is always 90 degrees minus the altitude angle of the celestial object you measure. I cannot figure out why in this tutorial he converts the 90 to 89.60 before subtracting the altitude angle.

Id also love my question answering in previous post about the radio beacon technology if you know anything about that.

One other thing I'd like to know is when you are logging when the sunrise occurs, do you take the time that the sun first peaks above the horizon or do you go from when the sun has fully past the horizon line? I tried logging the time earlier but from the time it first peaked above horizon to being fully visable took roughly 1 hour and that messed me up from not knowing if I should use GMT or local time. I was in +1 time zone so it was just unfortunate. If I was in +4 or +5 I coulod have figured it out.

Last edited by Fidgety; 07-16-19 at 08:09 AM.
Fidgety is offline   Reply With Quote