View Single Post
Old 06-29-19, 01:32 PM   #2449
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidgety View Post
Has anyone on the forum come across people with mouse problems in twos expansion or Silent hunter in general.
I have a few months ago bought a nice gaming mouse and have played around 6 other games with absolutely no issue whatsoever so I don't think this is a hardware problem.
When I am in game, after a little while its like the game overides my computers sensitivity settings and makes it incredibly frustrating to control your character. The slightest touch of the mouse can spin the camera.
After a few seconds of this it reverts back to my normal feel but it repeats again and again making this game basically unplayable for me.

Strangely enough, sometimes when it happens in the bunker before a patrol, this annoying problem is accompanied by what sounds like my character frantically trying to tap dance or stay on his feet. the echoing footsteps rapidly increase while my mouse gets hard to control.

Sigh I'm so fed up, I bought all the Silent hunter games in a package just to play TWOS.

One of the major drawback of TWoS which has tons of mods loaded is: mouse clicks sometimes don't work. Here are some guidelines:

- If you first enter game, go up and down the ladder and shortly go in the neighbour compartments to 'fill the computer cache'. If you skip it the teleport will not work correctly, and the mouse will also be reluctant to work.

- If right mouse button doesn't work, hit 2 times NUM-ENTER key to unstuck it;

- If you mostly use the mouse instead of key shortcuts, continue to use the mouse for everything - or use the keyboard for everything, avoid using both.

- DON'T ALT-TAB out of the game, this will mess up all controlls badly and you have to save/reload (you notice bad behavior with CO2 filling the sub, or your watch crew missing on the bridge).

Technical note:

All this mis-behavior is due to the TDW NewUI 7_x_x mod, part of TWoS, and there is no way you can fix it. It has to do that all the mods are loaded as changed files and not 'correctly' by dll, exe, or other 'proper' game files. This makes a big performance and quality difference. Mods are not the same than a genuine original game.

I hope this helps, cheers,
XS
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote