Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzin1973 View Post
Thank you for your replies guys!

I found more information about the problem i was describing here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=205967

It sais that (quote):
"Conning towers and other upgrades
Both the Typ VII and the Typ IX U-Boat will receive conning tower upgrades as the game proceeds. Every time I was awarded a new "Turm", the result was a submarine that could not move forward, or backward. A "Cannot comply" message was displayed instead. The crew screen showed missing and empty slots. This bug has been experienced and described before, and -as lurker put it- it is a nasty one. So from my experience a conning tower upgrade means end of your career."

The person in that topic also describes a rather elavorate proceedure to (sort of) fix this problem when it occurs.

It also mentions several other problems with the way upgrades work in OM:

"You will notice that the new boat has other upgrades (radar, snorkel, decoy) that you were not offered before, though this equipment was available and you completed successful patrols with thousand and thousand of tons sunk. My guess is: The upgrades in Operation Monsun simply do not work at all."

I have finished installing the game, OM and aditional mods (including this one of course!) And so far i am in love with it.
However, i confess i am concerned about the issues i read in the topic i linked to above.

Fifi: You mention that the guys from FOTRS did some work to fix OM? Do you have a link to this information you can share? i would love to know what problems they have fixed.

Thanks guys.
I don’t have link to share for this information...but Propbeanie just answer you what they did, and you even quoted him
Please re-read his post!

As for the turms problem of your link, yes i already saw it, i confess
We will certainly try to fix it if this problem still occurs
After the visuals enhancements, i will have to learn how the game handle the upgrades (this problem certainly comes from upgrade files either wrong or corrupted IMHO)
But it’s actually unknown land for my modding skills
Hopefully Propbeanie & S7rikeback who are mastering those kind of files will be of a great help

PS: for your installation, i highly recommand to get the 4GB patch and/or the use of Large Adress Aware (LAA)...so your install will have all the RAM memory necessary.
Furthermore for the new subs coming...
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote